Wednesday 9 October 2013

About a Girl by Lindsey Kelk Review

  This book centres around a woman called Tess Brooks. I can't decide what it is that made me fall in love with this book, maybe it was the fact that what Tess was going through was relatable, or maybe it's the way she went about solving her problems.
 
 
  I fell in love with this story by page 2 and that was still the prologue! Once I had started the main story I had to finish it, that same day.  
 
   So let's tell you all a little bit about what happens in the book. Tess has the epitome of bad weeks  not only does she lose her job but also her best friends and the love of her life.  To top it all off her roommate isn't too frilled with her either. So what can Tess do but go away and pretend to be said roommate in Hawaii. The problems don't go away though in fact Tess ends up adding problems in te shape of a gorgeous journalist who is not exactly making it a secret he wants to get to know Tess a lot better. 
 
  The genre of this book is romance as you can probably tell from my description. The book did make me smile and it's very entertaining. It's the perfect holiday read or even if you just want to escape and see how someone else solves their problems! 
 
I don't know how Lindsey Kelk does it, but it seems like every time she releases a book, it's a hit! Somehow Kelk manages to write a book with not only a relatable main character, but a story that ends up being what some of us would want to do if we had the guts! Then again I could be alone in this, who knows?
 
Though I have to say the only bad part about this book, is that I have to wait until the Summer of 2014 to find out what happens next! For those who have read it and are wondering- I am totally Team Nick!
 
Don't forget guys Kelk releases her new book 'I heart Christmas' in November. I can't wait to read it  and review it for you! You can read my review of the 'I heart series' HERE
 
Until Next Time.
 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment